• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collections Pursuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tunafish1975

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Ten years ago I purchased television from Montgomery Wards. In just over a year I returned it for repair. They lost the TV set and I refused to pay the credit card bill. I tried to resolve the issue with Wards but they went Bankrupt and their outstanding debt has been sold to numerous collectors (6 times). Each time I explain and the collection agency goes away. I now have a company in Baltimore threatening to sue and they are really harrassing us. As they are an unsecured creditor, what can they do besides report negative info to the credit agencys. The rest of my credit is spotless except for this issue and I have refused to pay for something that was improperly disposed of. Should I take their threats seriously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">