• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comcast Cable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I just found out after contacting my cable/phone/internet company that they have been charging me a $3.95 service agreement charge. I questioned them on it and asked where they got my approval for this charge. They could not find any agreement from me on this. They indicated that this charge is that if I need a rep to come to my house, i will not be charged for the visit. This is odd, considering I am having a problem with their equipment and they have to come and replace it. First, can they charge me for this so called service agreement, that I never agreed to or signed for? How can they charge me anyway for their faulty equipment? I have only had this equipment 3 months and when talking to the rep on the phone, they said this happens all the time that the equpment fails. Is this some type of scam? I have searched their web site and do not find any information pertaining to this so called service agreement either.

thank you

Mass_Shyster

My guess is that if you have an issue with the equipment and do not have this "agreement", you are responsible to pack up the equipment and ship it to them, and they will ship you replacements. At that point, you would have to connect and configure it yourself, possibly with a technician from overseas on the line while you do it.

ecmst12

It depends on the reason for the service call. Without the service agreement, then there are some types of trouble calls that you would have to pay for. You should ask them to explain it in more detail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">