• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

comcast problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

My problem is i don't have comcast service and comcast has run cable through my backyard and not buried it in a month. When they ran the cable the broke two different slates in my fences. When i call comcast they say there is nothing they can do because i do not have comcast service. They also said there no way to prove they were in my yard, but the cable is in plan view. They will not give a local number to call, or let me file a compliant about problem. Basically, they told me they can't change the proccess and they cannot help without a comcast account.

JETX

Clearly, something is missing here. I would assume that the cable company has an easement along your (back?) fenceline, correct?? If so, that gives them the right to lay the cable, but it does not give them the right to delay the installation. I would suggest you contact the company one more time (preferably in writing) and explain that you BELIEVE the cable running across your yard is theirs and if not properly buried and repairs made, you will assume that it is abandoned cable, cut it up and throw it away!!
That should get their attention.

Yes, they do have the right bury the cable in my yard and run to a different house. I do not argue that point. I hope complaining to them again will help. My problem is there policy are designed to not help people paying for their service, even though they have used a bit of my property and even damaged some of it do their job, but don't give themselves a method of accountantbility for it.

Thanx for the response.

I solved my own question again.

I found out the City has a person assigned to handle comcast complaints. Hopefully this will resolve the issue this way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">