• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4bees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mo
I had my Jeep Commander worked on 3 times for the same problem by a dealership in my area. I was on vacation in another town and it broke down. The mechanic asked who had opened the transmission because who ever did broke the seals causing the transmission fluid to leak out. The original problem was because it would shift into 5 gear and would not come out until you turned the jeep off. It also would flash the interior lights off and on. We got lots of lame stories of why it did this.My favorite was that the floor mat would not let the sensory work(floor mats are fixed to the floor and do not move) they said the cleaned a senory and repaired a wire causing a short in the system. The out of town dealer fixed the seal and filled the transmission fluid again. The mechanic also advised to trade the vehicle because no matter what at this point it will continue to have problems with transmission and electronics. The interior lights still flash and now there is more damage than we started with. Is there anything that we could hold the dealership liable for? The minimum would be nice if they would pay the repair bill that I paid while out of town. I do not want the original dealer to touch my commander as I do not trust them. I am limited to the number f dealerships in my area that service jeeps.

OHRoadwarrior

I would talk to the the service manager about reimbursement. If he refuses, discuss it with the general manager. Be polite, but firm, advise him you are going to contact Jeep, then the Attorney Generals to lodge complaints. The MO new vehicle lemon law allows for 4 attempts to correct the same problem. You should make yourself aware of it, if your Jeep was purchased new.

http://ago.mo.gov/publications/auto2.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">