• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Lease Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ikpe

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Is it legal for a landlord of a shopping center to ask a prospective tenant to install and pay for an awning, even though the tenant neither need one nor would they be able to take it along whenever they leave? The awning is part if the signed lease, but the landlord is nearly one year from "promised" delivery of space? What are tenant's options?

JETX

Commercial leases are drastically different then residential leases. As such, it is perfectly legal for an owner to ask that a tenant pay for 'finish out, cosmetic expenses, etc.
And perfectly legal for the tenant to refuse.
Of course, the risk of refusal is to either be denied the lease application or a chance at lease renewal.

H

hexeliebe

Just wanted you to know Jet, I love your new signature :D

JETX

Thanks, I have taken to changing them about every week or so..... will see what the new one is going to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">