• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Community Association Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jim4285

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
My Community Association wants to go sole source with a garbage contractor. We currently have several garbage contractors serving our Association.

The Association's manager claims he has the right to go sole source, in accordance with the Association Covenants. The Covenants does provide for this if it will "... enhance the community...". However, the manager has not conducted and documented an analysis which would specify how our private community would be enhanced by using one contractor for garbage removal.
The manager has already issued a letter of intent to one contractor.

My question is: Can I go to my court house here in PA, without a Lawyer, to request a 'Show Cause Order' for the Association to provide written documentation of how one garbage contractor instead of several would 'enhance' our private community? (I assume the show cause order would place a tempory hold on the manager's action to implement this one contractor.)

Thank you in advance for any help.
Jim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">