• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Companies won't remove me from mailing lists

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

periwinkle20

What is the name of your state? TX

I am on a general no mail list, but I used to have an dial-up account with an ISP. They send me stuff occasionally in the mail. I have called at least several times asking to be removed from the mailing list within the past 6 months. Today I got more mail from them addressed to me. What can I do?

Thanks for your time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know if this will help any but...

I used to get four copies of the same monthly sales materials for one company every month; one addressed to me as HR Manager; one addressed to me as Office Manager; one addressed to the Controller which he would put in my mailbox, and one AT MY HOME ADDRESS! After asking them on several occasions to cut it out, I finally sent them a letter informing them that if they did not immediately remove me from their mailing list all four times, the next request they would get would be from my attorney. I cc'd the Federal Trade Commission on the letter.

I'm sure it was the cc to the FTC and not the threat of an attorney that did it but I never heard from them again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">