• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company changed hands, am I obligated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrchrisbrown986

I am in Texas. My company had an agreement in 2005 with republic waste service for waste removal. The company changed hands i think in 2009 and the service was really bad. We tried to work with the new company but just could not.they refused to empty our dumpster for 2 months,( we were on a once a week schedule previously). We started service with a different company and are now being threatened by the old companies lawyers.
My question is are we bound by that 2005 contract , even though there is no service dates other than the start date? the contract is from the old company and should not be binding. I am willing to pay the 2 weeks out of the 2 monthe I actually received service from the company but no more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">