• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Repairs Made My Vehicle Worse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

napoleanboar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

In late December 2009 I took my vehicle to a local brake servicing company. Immediately after the service was completed I noticed that my breaks made a grinding noise whenever I pressed on the brake pedal. I immediately contacted the company and advised them of the situation, and they advised me that the new pads need to be worn in and to give it about a week.

So a week passes by and the brakes are still making the same noise. I call back the company and they advise me to take it back in. They inspect the brakes and state that the vehicle calipers need to be rebuilt because they are causing the pads to not completely retract once I release the brake pedal. So I have them do this service and pay the extra fee. Once the service is completed I pick up my vehicle and they advise me the problem is resolved. Once I drive the vehicle I once again immediately notice the grinding noise is still there (even though they stated the problem is resolved), and in addition my car starts to shake from my rear brakes. I call the company and advise them that this is occurring. I take the vehicle back about a week later due to work constraints, which is around late January, 2010 and speak with the District and Regional Directors. I advise them that we have done every process that they recommended, and the only other thing I can assume is the brake pads they use. They don't know acknowledge this and examine other factors.

After they examine the vehicle again, it was found that the new rear rotors they put in were warped (this is what caused the shaking) and they are going to try and reapply the pads to the front brakes that are causing the grinding (mind you each time they do this they wear down the rotors).

So once they complete this I take my car back home, and don't notice any problem for about a month and a half, mid March 2010. A few weeks pass and the grinding comes back. I call them again and immediately they know who I am but they need to speak with the District Manager to see what they can do, and will call me back. Four days pass without a call so I call them back and find out that those who were assisting me either quit or moved to a different company location. I explained the situation with the gentleman on the phone and he advised me that sometimes one can sandpaper down pads to help take away the noise (this is what they probably did to hide the problem)

I take the car back in, and examine the vehicle again and was advised that they are going to try a higher quality pad but they can't do the front pads unless I buy new rotors since they are too thin (mind you they kept rotating the rotors, decreasing the life span). For some reason they wouldn't do this from day one or from when I asked them later in January. Rather they would have me pay more money for potential useless repairs

They do the work on the vehicle I pick it up, and once again the grinding is still there. I ask them what they are going to do because nothing is working, and they advise me they don't know and are giving up. I ask them I didn't pay nearly $720 for an incomplete brake job. They stated they really didn't know what to do.

This company adverstises statewide that they do brake jobs right, for less and for any vehicle, but in actuallity they can't do service for all vehicles and if they would have disclaimed this I wouldn't have chosen them for service. I have spoken to the dealer about my brakes noises and problems and before I advised them where I went they asked me if I went to this company. When I said yes, they stated they tend to fix a lot of their mistakes.

I want to seek a potential lawsuit for false advertisement or whatever seems necessary, but would like to see if I have a valid case and get some feedback based upon my situation prior to pursuing. Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sue the bad guys in small claims court. You can get your money back...

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

In late December 2009 I took my vehicle to a local brake servicing company. Immediately after the service was completed I noticed that my breaks made a grinding noise whenever I pressed on the brake pedal. I immediately contacted the company and advised them of the situation, and they advised me that the new pads need to be worn in and to give it about a week.

So a week passes by and the brakes are still making the same noise. I call back the company and they advise me to take it back in. They inspect the brakes and state that the vehicle calipers need to be rebuilt because they are causing the pads to not completely retract once I release the brake pedal. So I have them do this service and pay the extra fee. Once the service is completed I pick up my vehicle and they advise me the problem is resolved. Once I drive the vehicle I once again immediately notice the grinding noise is still there (even though they stated the problem is resolved), and in addition my car starts to shake from my rear brakes. I call the company and advise them that this is occurring. I take the vehicle back about a week later due to work constraints, which is around late January, 2010 and speak with the District and Regional Directors. I advise them that we have done every process that they recommended, and the only other thing I can assume is the brake pads they use. They don't know acknowledge this and examine other factors.

After they examine the vehicle again, it was found that the new rear rotors they put in were warped (this is what caused the shaking) and they are going to try and reapply the pads to the front brakes that are causing the grinding (mind you each time they do this they wear down the rotors).

So once they complete this I take my car back home, and don't notice any problem for about a month and a half, mid March 2010. A few weeks pass and the grinding comes back. I call them again and immediately they know who I am but they need to speak with the District Manager to see what they can do, and will call me back. Four days pass without a call so I call them back and find out that those who were assisting me either quit or moved to a different company location. I explained the situation with the gentleman on the phone and he advised me that sometimes one can sandpaper down pads to help take away the noise (this is what they probably did to hide the problem)

I take the car back in, and examine the vehicle again and was advised that they are going to try a higher quality pad but they can't do the front pads unless I buy new rotors since they are too thin (mind you they kept rotating the rotors, decreasing the life span). For some reason they wouldn't do this from day one or from when I asked them later in January. Rather they would have me pay more money for potential useless repairs

They do the work on the vehicle I pick it up, and once again the grinding is still there. I ask them what they are going to do because nothing is working, and they advise me they don't know and are giving up. I ask them I didn't pay nearly $720 for an incomplete brake job. They stated they really didn't know what to do.

This company adverstises statewide that they do brake jobs right, for less and for any vehicle, but in actuallity they can't do service for all vehicles and if they would have disclaimed this I wouldn't have chosen them for service. I have spoken to the dealer about my brakes noises and problems and before I advised them where I went they asked me if I went to this company. When I said yes, they stated they tend to fix a lot of their mistakes.

I want to seek a potential lawsuit for false advertisement or whatever seems necessary, but would like to see if I have a valid case and get some feedback based upon my situation prior to pursuing. Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

cyjeff

Have you taken your car to any other company or dealership to have them inspect the work?

If you keep coming back to the same place, you can expect the same answer.

This will also help your case in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">