• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company trying to fob me off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adamjones_30@ho

Hi, i purchased a car catalytic converter from a breakdown company and they fitted it at the garage. I was charged £175 overall and 12 month warranty. Just a few days ago it was making a loud noise so took it back to them and they said that it wont be covered under the warranty as its my fault that the bracket had fell off, but it had happened before and this is why i bought a new one from them. So i decided to get a second opionion and another mechanic told me that it is covered under the manufacturers warranty and the breakdown company are trying to fob me off, i dont have the reciept for the purchase but i have the payment on my debit card statement and i know the breakdown company will have records of this. I dont know what to do, can you help?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi, i purchased a car catalytic converter from a breakdown company and they fitted it at the garage. I was charged £175 overall and 12 month warranty. Just a few days ago it was making a loud noise so took it back to them and they said that it wont be covered under the warranty as its my fault that the bracket had fell off, but it had happened before and this is why i bought a new one from them. So i decided to get a second opionion and another mechanic told me that it is covered under the manufacturers warranty and the breakdown company are trying to fob me off, i dont have the reciept for the purchase but i have the payment on my debit card statement and i know the breakdown company will have records of this. I dont know what to do, can you help?
US Law Only

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">