• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company is Violating its Own Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kvon

What is the name of your state? NJ

A few months ago, I got a call from what I thought was my credit card company. Half asleep, I agreed to receive some vacation offer in the mail. I was told I would be charged $99.00 dollars but that it was refundable. I received the package a little while later and my credit card was charged the $99.00. The "refund" would be received after I attended some time-share seminar B.S. while I was on this vacation. I gave the company a call and requested that the vacation be canceled and that the $99.00 be refunded to my credit card. The person I spoke to told me that I had to send back the material I received in the mail along with a letter requesting a refund. He mentioned no period of time in which I had to do this so I set it aside for what ended up being about 3 months.

I recently gave the company another call just to double-check the procedure for my refund before I mailed everything out and they told me that I was past the window of opportunity to receive my refund. I tried arguing with them about how I had already spoken to someone about canceling it but they are still denying my refund. After that phone call, I read the vacation contract again and saw that full-time students are not eligible to receive the offer. Now since I was a full-time student at the time of the offer and still am a full-time student, the offer is void, right? And if the offer is void, I should be refunded my money, right?

I called again and spoke to the same "supervisor" I had before and he demanded that I provide them with proof of my full-time student status; I plan of faxing them my proof in a few days. If they still deny my refund, is there anything I can do? Since their policy states that "full-time students are ineligible," I should have never received the offer in the first place let alone been charged for it, right?

If any more info is needed to answer my question, please ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">