• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company went bankrupt, chapter 11

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Susan Kost

Michigan. I ordered products from a company on the internet. They offered 100% rebates. I sent in my rebates and was told the rebates would be sent out 7/5/01. In addition, I returned 1 item. They said my credit card would be credited in 14 days. Now their Web page announces that they filed Chapter 11. What recourse do I have? The products are all over-priced. The only reason I kept them is because I was suppose to receive a 100% refund.

Susan Kost

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Susan Kost said:
Michigan. I ordered products from a company on the internet. They offered 100% rebates. I sent in my rebates and was told the rebates would be sent out 7/5/01. In addition, I returned 1 item. They said my credit card would be credited in 14 days. Now their Web page announces that they filed Chapter 11. What recourse do I have? The products are all over-priced. The only reason I kept them is because I was suppose to receive a 100% refund.

Susan Kost

My response:

You are a creditor of the company. The company filed for Bankruptcy Reorganization. If you, as a creditor, had a chance to get your money, what would be the point of Bankruptcy ?

You could, of course, file a creditor's claim with the Bankruptcy Trustee. But, don't hold your breath thinking you'll see a dime, especially after you've spent all that time filling out the forms.

In summary, your money's gone.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">