• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for poor workmanship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jem71

What is the name of your state? IL

Recently had some engine work done by a friend who is a certified auto mechanic. No verbal or written contracts or guarantees were done before work started. After he completed work, payment was made to mechanic. After 2 days, engine work failed causing extreme damage to engine internals. After checking engine and speaking to other qualified mechanics and engine builders, there was an important step in the service manual he DID NOT follow, which most likely caused the failure. After asking him if he did this procedure, he admitted that it was not done. Informal resolutions have failed as far as any kind of refund. My question is if I have any legal recourse to recoup some of my money lost. All I want is the labor I paid him plus the parts that he installed that were destroyed. Since no contracts or guarantees were made, I have a feeling that I'm stuck with this problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">