• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complex problem(dealership contract) LONG

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bigboy41

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
Yes...I have a problem that I need more advice on before my credit is destroyed?
Me and my wife decided in December that we would separate and I needed to trade off one of the vechicles we where buying. Since the higher payement vechicle was in my name I figured I should try and trade it off, because I was going to loss a income and there was no way I could afford it and a place to live.
I called the lien company and explain my situation and they told me to try and sell it, the only problem is that I'm upside down big time and there was know way I could sell it. So I decided to go back to the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and explain. After talking to one of the salesman for about an hour and getting no luck I told him that if they can't help me out I had no choice but to let the vehicle go back because I couldn't afford the payment.
The salesman tells me there wasn't anything they could do, so I toss him the keys to the vehicle and tell him that I will call the lein company and tell them where they could pick up the vehicle.
As soon as I get home my phone rings....It's the salesman, he tells me that they have got a deal with my credit union and that I can come pick up the vehicle I test drove eariler. Now I ask the salesman if they are taking my vehicle in on trade-in and the salesman tells me "yes, everything is talking care of". I get to the dealership and sign the papers on the new vehicle and leave. A couple of days later the lein holder on the old vehicle calls and ask about the payoff, I them to call the dealership and I gave them the salesman name. After a few days I find out that not only did they not pay the vehicle off they were trying to trade it in as a repo!!!! I called the dealership and asked to speak to the salesman I dealt with.......he know longer works there!!! They put the sales manager on the phone and he tells me that he remembers the transaction and that he doesn't care if his salesman was in the wrong or not, and that he has a signned contract. So I called the new vehicle lien holder and tell them the problem, they don't care, they just want there money. I decided to just take the vehicle back to the dealership and park it, and contacted my old lien holder before they picked up my old vehicle and contiued to make payments on it.
Now the lien holder on the new vehicle wil not pick it up and contiue to charge me with late payments and report it to the credit bureau. Any advice?

djohnson

You need to read the contracts in full and understand what you are doing before you do it. They are probably considering the first vehicle a voluntary repo. The second one is going to be your problem to deal with now. If the first was not included in any contract with the second, then you will be responsible for any balances left on it also. No matter what the salesman 'said', you had the contract to look over and read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">