• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Computer Company sold business before PC returned to me for repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gryphon410

Arizona

I took my computer in to a company here in Arizona to get fixed. I paid the money, they fixed it, and I brought it home and immediately had problems with it so I took it back. I was then told that I needed a new motherboard, and referred to a place to purchase one. I was told that in the mean time, they would continue checking my PC and HDD out to see if there was anything else they could do for it.

When I obtained the motherboard, I went over to the company and found that there was a sign saying that they were closed for remodeling, and there was a phone # posted to call if you needed anything. The guy I called told me they'd be reopening in a couple of weeks. I asked if he still had my computer and he said that he did.

A few weeks later I came to the store to see if it was opened, and instead, it had been sold and was under new ownership. I have repeatedly called the owner on the phone number provided to me about getting my computer back (fixed or unfixed), and have not had any of my calls returned.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Doug

w98

Take them your repair receipt/quote, and mention that you spoke with someone on the phone who confirmed your computer was there. Ask for upper management of the store and don't leave the store without your PC.

Gryphon410

Ok, I should have been a little clearer at the end of my post. The store is under new ownership, and is a completely different type of store than the original. Mainly, they don't do computer repair. They are a cell phone company now. They also do not have my computer.

I have been trying to call the original owner of the store, not the new one. The original owner of the store is not returning my phone calls.

Any help regarding this would be great.

Some Random Guy

Do a reverse lookup on the phone number provided to you. http://www.whitepages.com/

Then show up at the persons house and ask for your computer back. Threaten to call the police and have him arrested for theft. Police probably won't care, but he may not know that.

If all else fails, sue him in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">