• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Computer job payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandy7181

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My husband built a computer system for a woman last July(2002). She told him that she would pay him for his labor in two weeks. Something came up and she said that she couldnt pay him until her taxes came in. She told us that the IRS federal refund check was mailed out on the 14th of March. She is now saying that it hasnt come in yet and the IRS wont do anything until the 11th of April. We have contacted her several times about the money for the labor. My husband is to the point of repossessing the computer system as payment for labor. The computer parts were purchased by the customer under my husbands account at his supplier so the parts are in my husband's name. Does he have any legal recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">