• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Computer warrenty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ROOFERPRO

I purchased a computer from a local store here in Florida 10/98.I have had several problems with the computer.The warrenty company has replaced the Mother Board twice,The Harddrive once,And the monitor has went out twice.Compaq replaced the Monitor the second time.After all of this I finally told them that i think it should be replaced.They agree it should be replaced but they want to replace it with one that costs $677.00 and I paid $1048.88 for the one I have.I told them I dont think that is right since my main reason for buying a computer was for personal finances and the one I have has Quicken built in and the new one doesnt.Do I have to accept this?They say I have three choices.1 take the new comp.2take $677.00 3take a refurbished comp.are theese my only choices?

L

loku

Computer warantee

Computer prices have come down in the past few years. I believe that if the computer they are offering you is at least as powerful as the one you bought, they are probably within their rights on this. However, if Quicken was an important inducement for you to purchase the computer, then they may be liable to you for that.

Mostly, this depends on the exact terms of your warrantee, and an interpretation of those terms.

One other thing: often there is an arbitration clause in a warrantee. If yours has one, then you could take this to arbitration under the warrantee terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">