• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comsumer Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dixdarling

Reside in TN now. I purchased the Rainbow vacuum cleaner when I lived in SC. = Paid in full, by check, for a Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner. In-home demonstrator accepted check made out to Rainbow for more than $1,200 for a NEW Rainbow. He delivered the "NEW" Rainbow a day or two later. = Not sure but think purchase was between 1988-1989. I have the receipt and warranty information somewhere. I understand vacuum is perhaps no longer under warranty. = Recently, I took the vacuum to a Rainbow repairman for repair. It had rust in the motor. Under the motor nearest the floor the vacuum design has about a 1 gal. water resevoir into which is deposited anything vacuumed up. = In my presence, the repairman removed the outer cannister cover to reveal the motor. He had an idea of what the problem was and said I needed a new $800 motor or $1,600 (due to price increase) vacuum. = However, upon closer inspection, we both were surprised to discover that the wiring to the motor as well as the wiring to portion of the cord where it is attached to the motor inside the cannister cover, had been spliced together with black electrical tape. The tape on ALL the wires had loosened and no longer protected the wires. The repairman remarked that had moisture reached the exposed wiring the person using the vacuum could have easily been severely injured. == Regardless of warranty, I paid full price for a NEW Rainbow vacuum cleaner and the product I received was NOT new. I was sold a used appliance. And I paid a lot of money for it. = BTW when Rainbow was delivered, the salesman "generously" offered to remove all the packaging materials and box. = Since my discovery with the wires, I have been told by someone who was a former salesman for the Rainbow company, that the experience I had was not news to him, that it was not expected that the consumer would ever see inside the cannister cover and removing packaging and box after delivery was part of the practice. == Want to know what recourse I have regarding replacement, compensation, etc. == Responses appreciated. Dixie Hopper Tennessee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">