• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo commando's-new truck not allowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coty

What is the name of your state? florida
my father recently purchased a 2001 ford exployer sport track, with the hard cover on back. he used all his saving to do so. he owns a condo in florida. when he woke up the next morning, there was a note on his truck that said no truck allowed. when he called the manager of the condo association, she said it was stipulated on his contract when he purchased the condo. the contract says, "no vehicles other that automobiles shall be permitted to park within the Condo property. "automobile" does not include any type of van, camper, truck", etc. so, there are several vans and suv's in the parking lot. her response was " those are small, minivans and small suvs. their ok." but, my father feels the contract stipulates "all". he feels she is being selective and treating him unfairly. he has no money, and cannot trade in the car without loosing most of his money. the manager says they will tow the car if he doesn't get rid of it. what are his options at this point? please help

JETX

"what are his options at this point?"
*** Based solely on the contents of your post, it would appear that his options are very limited.
1) He can make arrangements to park his vehicle off premises, or
2) He can spend LOTS of money filing a lawsuit against the management to try to gain the right to park there.

C

coty

condo commando

dear jetx,
thank you for your reply. i guess thats what i comes down to. fight it or let it go. i think my dad's gonna let it go. he's going tmro to check into another car as a trade in. why fight it. he's old and doesn't have the patience to deal with this right now.

JETX

Ignore NuYukker. He is the 'forum troll'. He he has NO legal knowledge or experience as shown by the idiocy of his posts.

C

coty

THANK YOU JET X

THANK YOU JETX SO MUCH. I DIDN'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO REPLY TO THAT. AND WHEN I WENT IN TO CHECK THE PROFILE ON HER, OR HIM, I DIDN'T SEE ANY LEGAL EXPERIENCE. SO I FIGURED IT WASN'T WORTH A REPLY. AS YOU KNOW, AS INSIGNIFICANT THIS ALL SEEMS, ITS HEARTBREAKING TO HAVE TO LOOSE MONEY ON SOMETHING SO SILLY. I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">