• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo owner's right to sue the property management company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tyroiii

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi,

I own and live a condo on the top floor of a 34 story building. My ceiling has been leaking in the middle of the living room for the last two year. The property management company has been trying to get the super to patch the roof to no avail. Finally, they agreed to replace the roof this year, however that has been pushed to next year.

My question is what are my rights when it comes to suing the property management company (PM) for not repairing the roof in a timely manner? For two years, I have not been able to use fully my living room for the fear of damaging any furniture that I place there. My wooden tiles are warped because of the moisture from the leak. The PM has said it will repair the floor when the roof is fixed. Which seems like a very circular answer considering the roof hasn't been fixed for two years.

Can I sue them for the usage lost on my apartment? Can I force them to fix the roof immediately instead of next year?

thanks,
Charley

HomeGuru

tyroiii said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi,

I own and live a condo on the top floor of a 34 story building. My ceiling has been leaking in the middle of the living room for the last two year. The property management company has been trying to get the super to patch the roof to no avail. Finally, they agreed to replace the roof this year, however that has been pushed to next year.

My question is what are my rights when it comes to suing the property management company (PM) for not repairing the roof in a timely manner? For two years, I have not been able to use fully my living room for the fear of damaging any furniture that I place there. My wooden tiles are warped because of the moisture from the leak. The PM has said it will repair the floor when the roof is fixed. Which seems like a very circular answer considering the roof hasn't been fixed for two years.

Can I sue them for the usage lost on my apartment? Can I force them to fix the roof immediately instead of next year?

thanks,
Charley
**A: sue the management company and the HOA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">