• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflicting Warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evotz

What is the name of your state? NY
Transmission failed on a car I purchased new. At the time, 57,000 miles on it. Warranty booklet said transmission is covered up to 36,000 miles. Owners manual said same thing. Jeep Roadside assistance said the same thing as did the dealer. So... repaired the car out of warranty. Now I find out they had given me an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles and they have a document with my signature acknowledging it. They also say I have voided the 100,000 coverage by repairing the car outside of the dealership. Any advice?

JETX

evotz said:
Transmission failed on a car I purchased new. At the time, 57,000 miles on it.
How did you purchase a NEW car with 57k miles???

Now I find out they had given me an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles and they have a document with my signature acknowledging it.
So, why didn't you know of the extended warranty??

They also say I have voided the 100,000 coverage by repairing the car outside of the dealership. Any advice?
Yep. Read the extended warranty and see what provisions it makes about 'out of dealership' repairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">