• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CONNECTICUT-statue of limitation=collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris

What is the name of your state? Connecticut**************.
Hello to all. First time on the forum so thank you in advance.
My wife received a gas station charge card bill from over 15 years ago from a collection agency for $113. Don't even know if charges are accurate. Anyone know the statue of limitation for a collector in Connecticut to collect on a debt be it good or bad? Thanks much. chris.

Veronica1228

chris said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut**************.
Hello to all. First time on the forum so thank you in advance.
My wife received a gas station charge card bill from over 15 years ago from a collection agency for $113. Don't even know if charges are accurate. Anyone know the statue of limitation for a collector in Connecticut to collect on a debt be it good or bad? Thanks much. chris.
The SOL for credit cards (open accounts) in the State of Connecticut is 6 years from the date of last activity. Activity would be the last charge or payment. You can send a C&D letter to this collection agency. Send it using CRRR mail. Below is a link to a site where you can get a sample letter to help you.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817983/

Good luck.

dallas702

Good grief. Some poor sap bought one of those "get rich collecting debts" courses, and he was fed some ancient bills that they told him were collectible.

The "collector" was counting on that fat percentage to pay the light bill.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

chris

Thanks**************.

Thank you for the replies. Veronica, the link is to a movie site but thank you anyway. Wish you both a great holiday and new year. Regards. chris

Veronica1228

chris said:
Thank you for the replies. Veronica, the link is to a movie site but thank you anyway. Wish you both a great holiday and new year. Regards. chris
Oops! I have to be more careful with my links. I know racer already gave you a good one, but here is the one I meant to give you.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/

(I guess I was too distraught by the news that John Spencer died.)

chris

Thanks...and something else please

Thanks Veronica! This one just happened last Saturday 12/10. Bought a new computer at a computer show. Vendor swiped my credit card 3 times. I phoned CC company they said contact the seller; they could do nothing. I contacted the seller who said he will fix it that he had problems submitting charges that day.
Been a week and a day and no credit to my account. I think he is floating a loan at my expense. These computer shows are governed by COGAN Computer Fairs in CONNECTICUT and a couple other states. How should I handle from here? I thought using a CC for purchases gave me some protection. Thanks again and regards. chris

Veronica1228

chris said:
Thanks Veronica! This one just happened last Saturday 12/10. Bought a new computer at a computer show. Vendor swiped my credit card 3 times. I phoned CC company they said contact the seller; they could do nothing. I contacted the seller who said he will fix it that he had problems submitting charges that day.
Been a week and a day and no credit to my account. I think he is floating a loan at my expense. These computer shows are governed by COGAN Computer Fairs in CONNECTICUT and a couple other states. How should I handle from here? I thought using a CC for purchases gave me some protection. Thanks again and regards. chris
Call the CC company again. Tell them that you want to report two unauthorized charges and per Reg E they have to assist you. They'll probably send you an affidavit for you to fill out and then they'll get the money back for you. I don't know why they told you there was nothing they can do. They're full of it.

chris

CC company said

There was nothing they could do until I exhausted all means of "asking" the seller to fix the error and if and after he refused I could contact them in writing to their dispute number and address.
They said they could see there was 3 charges all the same and it looked like an error. I asked why they couldn't just refuse to pay and they said that would be fraud on their part. They said like someone trying to ask the CC to help them steal something. We'll see what the seller says tomorrow. IF and I say IF he has the money, how long would it take him and the CC company to make things right? Seems like a same day thing to me. Thanks again. Regards. chris

Veronica1228

chris said:
There was nothing they could do until I exhausted all means of "asking" the seller to fix the error and if and after he refused I could contact them in writing to their dispute number and address.
They said they could see there was 3 charges all the same and it looked like an error. I asked why they couldn't just refuse to pay and they said that would be fraud on their part. They said like someone trying to ask the CC to help them steal something. We'll see what the seller says tomorrow. IF and I say IF he has the money, how long would it take him and the CC company to make things right? Seems like a same day thing to me. Thanks again. Regards. chris
I did a little more checking and cc charges don't fall under Reg E, but they do fall under the Fair Credit Billing Act. A lot of your questions can be answered from the site below. Hopefully, I am giving you a good link this time.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/cards/crbillng.shtml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">