• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction Contract - Exit Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juswonderen

I requested a free estimate from a contractor, but instead my wife was lead into signing a contract stating that if approved by insurance they'll do the work. She wasn't fully clear about what she was asked to sign.

Insurance approved and I have never seen an estimate of costs (work has not begun and I have not shared the Insurance info with contractor.) It's against my better judgement to sign anything with the first contractor and always prefer to get multiple estimates.

At this point I have only delayed the contractors requests for information as this is not an urgent repair (I have other more urgent issues) and I have not pushed the contract issue and my dissatisfaction.

I'm hoping that it can be resolved via discussion, even if we both choose to walk away, but I want to know my legal options/standing just in case. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">