• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer buying for small business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crs9648

What is the name of your state? texas

i have a small nightclub and i purchase box mixes from pepsi for drinks. they are on a soda gun. is it legal for them to make me buy 4 boxes at a time even if i only need one? they will not deliver if i do not buy 4 at a time. if they sit on the floor and go out of the expiration date they will not pick them up and exchange them for good ones. i have had to throw several of them out. they are approx. 45.00 each

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

crs9648 said:
What is the name of your state? texas

i have a small nightclub and i purchase box mixes from pepsi for drinks. they are on a soda gun. is it legal for them to make me buy 4 boxes at a time even if i only need one? they will not deliver if i do not buy 4 at a time. if they sit on the floor and go out of the expiration date they will not pick them up and exchange them for good ones. i have had to throw several of them out. they are approx. 45.00 each

My response:

There's no law being violated. It's not Pepsi's fault that you don't sell enough product, and there's no law against minimum orders.

Have you ever purchased products from one of those "big box" stores, like "Costco"? They sell in bulk, and you can't buy a portion of the product. You either take the whole amount or you don't buy. The same thing goes for Pepsi. And, by the way, is someone holding a gun to your head to buy Pepsi products if you can't sell all of the product?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">