• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawallace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I entered a contract with a builder to build a barn for me. He did a great job however I'm having a problem with a subcontractor.
My builder had to get a subcontractor to use his Bobcat loader to help left the 18' posts and set them in the ground for the barn. The subcontractor was told to contact me or my wife for payment and we were told by our builder it would be $60 for one hour of work.
A few weeks after the job was done the subcontractor finally made contact but requested a payment of $180. He indicated he thought the job would involve more time and he left his worker at the jobsite and he went to run some errands returning 3 hours later.
I have confirmed the same information with my builder 3 times and my wife confirmed it two other times but the subcontractor continues to hound me for the $180.
I don't think I should have to pay but $60 for 1hr of work. Just because the owner of the Bobcat left and did not return for 3hrs I don't think should make me responsible for paying him $180.
What are your thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">