• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcbroker

What is the name of your state? MD

In June 2003 my company purchased the OEM/Computer Brokers Program listed on the unnamed company’s website for $475.00 with the discount offered. Upon delivery we noticed that the order was incomplete. Upon calling and addressing our problem with the sales rep, we where assured that the other items were processed and being delivered. As instructed, we completed and submitted payment of $328.00 for the additional support services offered to registered members.

After a couple weeks we made additional inquiries via telephone to the sales rep and was instructed by him to use the email system setup for members. After locating a buyer for advertised computer equipment listed on company’s website, we informed via email that the equipment was being placed on-hold for us. After submitting a money order for $423.00 including our course ID and On Number, as instructed by the sales rep since we had not received our Purchase code for the purchase of 5 Toshiba Satellite Pentium Laptops fully loaded, company rudely informed me that our email inquiries were un-welcomed and that we were (quote) becoming a pain, and that substituted items would be delivered within 2-3 weeks once inventory was restocked.

After receiving their reply, we immediately demanded that our account be cancelled and fully funded within 5 business days. This experience has damaged the professional reputation of my company with my buyers. To date, company refuses to refund in full, which violates their advertised 30 day money back guarantee. As a direct result of the falsely advertised computer equipment available for sale to OEM Dealers, and the emailed messages and phone confirmations made to me directly concerning the availability of the Toshiba Laptops, company has caused my company to lose not only a sale worth over $150,000, but the credibility of my company.

We can provide additional info offline if neccesary!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">