• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helens

helens said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
On July 18th,2002 I purchased 4 round trip tickets from an online ticket agency. they were advertised as no restrictions. On July 20th I emailed and called them to change my tickets from 9/5/2002 to 9/26/2002. I was told on the phone that they would have to cancell my original tickets and reissue new tickets and pay $200. per ticket for the cancellation. I explained that the reason I chose those particular tickets was that they had a no restriction status to them. Was told that I would nonetheless have to pay that fee. She kept asking me to agree to those terms and agreements, I kept saying but I don't agree to those terms and agreements, she said to send back the tickets when they arrive and they would send me my refund. I did that and shortly thereafter I received a phone call telling me they received the tickets but in order for them to send me my refund I needed to write or email them stating that I understand and agree with the terms. I told her I still do not understand or agree with the terms and condition because there were no restrictions listed at the time of purchase. a month later I received the back in the mail with a letter telling me they were not able to process my refund until they receive a letter from me stating that I accept the $200. refund penalty. My question is. Am I obligated to send in writing my agreement to this penalty? It sounds fishy to me. That they need my agreement in writing. Also, isn't there something about the right to change your mind on purchases within three days. I have proof that it was not more than 48 hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">