• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kreven

What is the same law of "Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000" for the US?

I am creating a Terms and Agreement for my website and saw this one on an australian website.

Thanks.

Regards,

kreven

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this site is for US law only. The law you are referring to is not a US law.

kreven

Thanks for the reply.

I know is an Australian law, but would I need anything similar to it for Consumers in a Terms/Agreement contract?

Regards,

Kreven

kreven

Update

Here is the Terms/Agreement section ->

4.5 Termination under UK Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

(a) This section applies to you only if you are a "consumer" as defined in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and resident within the EU and have not commenced to use the service. In the event the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ("the Regulations") apply to these Terms and Conditions, you may terminate your membership within seven working days of registering as a member of the Service by providing notice in writing

(b) You will be provided with a refund of any fees you have paid within 30 days of our receipt of your notice of termination if you have not commenced using the service. Your right to receive a refund does not apply once you have commenced using the service by doing any of the following:

Sending messages to members

Reading received messages from members

Sending Show interest alerts to members

Initiating contact with other members in the chat room or on the instant messaging system

------------
This is for a dating site.

What would I need simiarly for this?

Cheers,

Kreven

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this site is for US law only and, even at that, there are over 50 different sets of laws that you would/could be dealing with. I would suggest that you consult with legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">