• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer Refund Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mercy

I am in California - the company, Major League Baseball.com's home office is in New York.

I made an online purchase in April. Charged to my credit/atm card. The merchandise never arrived, it went back to the shipper. I asked for and was told that I would recieve a prompt refund/credit. After many phone calls and 2 letters, 4 months later I have still not been credited.

The last phone call, this past Friday, I was told they are having trouble with their credit system - I asked for a check to be mailed, they said they couldn't do that.

What recourse do I have?

Thank you in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mercy said:
I am in California - the company, Major League Baseball.com's home office is in New York.

I made an online purchase in April. Charged to my credit/atm card. The merchandise never arrived, it went back to the shipper. I asked for and was told that I would recieve a prompt refund/credit. After many phone calls and 2 letters, 4 months later I have still not been credited.

The last phone call, this past Friday, I was told they are having trouble with their credit system - I asked for a check to be mailed, they said they couldn't do that.

What recourse do I have?

Thank you in advance.

My response:

1. You go to New York and sue them.

2. You go to their New York offices and pound on their door, screaming and yelling at anyone inside - - including the receptionist in the lobby, who starts crying because her boss is at lunch, just as you come in, and doesn't know what to say to you.

3. You chock it up to experience.

Since you never mentioned the amount in question, or the actual date of purchase, there's undoubtedly not a whole lot you can economically do - - especially if it's not a nationwide merchant.

I keep telling people, and harping at people, to STOP using the Internet to make purchases ! There's little recourse when a problem occurs; or, if there is recourse, it's usually very expensive, costing more than the purchase, because these purchases are across State lines.

Buy locally, where you'll have easy recourse with a merchant. The money you presumably "save" by using the Internet does, for the most part, evaporate when there are problems. You are always at the beck and call, and mercy of, the honesty or dishonesty of the out-of-state merchant.

Good luck, and use this as a life lesson.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">