• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mechard

i live in north carolina and on april 7 purchased a water heater from a plumbing co. $600.00, the following tuesday found a cheaper heater for 144.46. stopped payment on check and called and told manager that i changed my mind an wanted him to pick it up. he says i owe him for install/labor, at first said 68 an hour. i have volunteered to pay him 408.00 but he refuses it and wants to take me to small claims court. can he force me to buy this heater when i changed my mind and still i offer to pay him money that he says no to? what are my rights by north carolina law will small claims force me to pay him for the heater?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mechard said:
i live in north carolina and on april 7 purchased a water heater from a plumbing co. $600.00, the following tuesday found a cheaper heater for 144.46. stopped payment on check and called and told manager that i changed my mind an wanted him to pick it up. he says i owe him for install/labor, at first said 68 an hour. i have volunteered to pay him 408.00 but he refuses it and wants to take me to small claims court. can he force me to buy this heater when i changed my mind and still i offer to pay him money that he says no to? what are my rights by north carolina law will small claims force me to pay him for the heater?
My response:

Fact: You're an adult.

Fact: You entered into a written contract.

Fact: You received goods and services as agreed.

Fact: You're out of luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">