• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contact/Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gizmo7779

What is the name of your state? UTAH but the company that may sue me is in North Carolina.

I have a question, is my contract voided?

I signed up for a hosting service with a service provider february of last year. I did not send or agree to anything when I signed up nor did they ask for my age but each company I went through knew my age. By using their service I automatically agree to their contract. In the last 5 months this provider sold out and I was moved to another provider where I did not sign anything. 2 months ago this provider was bought out and I also didn't sign anything with this provider. I wish to cancel my service as of now and they require a 30 day cancellation warning which I did not know of because of the recent change. So now I'll end up paying a months service in which I do not wish to use. I'm also under aged.

General Facts:

Fact #1: I did not sign anything or state I was 18 but I told them my age, I most likely agreed to their services automatically by using their services.

Fact #2: They knew my age and still continued my service.

Fact #3: They do not have consent from my parents.

They are based in North Carolina.

Here is their terms of service:
http://www.webauthorities.com/wa-terms.html

They won't let me cancel for 30 days because it says in their policy I must wait 30 days to cancel. I'm a minor so I don't have to abide their policy. They should have never did business with me in the first place.

Can they persue me and actually win?

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

Sure they can...all over the damn house with a hickory switch and I hope they aren't the only ones.

HomeGuru

gizmo7779 said:
What is the name of your state? UTAH but the company that may sue me is in North Carolina.

I have a question, is my contract voided?

I signed up for a hosting service with a service provider february of last year. I did not send or agree to anything when I signed up nor did they ask for my age but each company I went through knew my age. By using their service I automatically agree to their contract. In the last 5 months this provider sold out and I was moved to another provider where I did not sign anything. 2 months ago this provider was bought out and I also didn't sign anything with this provider. I wish to cancel my service as of now and they require a 30 day cancellation warning which I did not know of because of the recent change. So now I'll end up paying a months service in which I do not wish to use. I'm also under aged.

General Facts:

Fact #1: I did not sign anything or state I was 18 but I told them my age, I most likely agreed to their services automatically by using their services.

Fact #2: They knew my age and still continued my service.

Fact #3: They do not have consent from my parents.

They are based in North Carolina.

Here is their terms of service:
http://www.webauthorities.com/wa-terms.html

They won't let me cancel for 30 days because it says in their policy I must wait 30 days to cancel. I'm a minor so I don't have to abide their policy. They should have never did business with me in the first place.

Can they persue me and actually win?
**A: yes they can do go ask your parents.

G

gizmo7779

HomeGuru: Can you elaborate on this?

Another question, can they get in trouble for doing business with a minor without their permission?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">