• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contactor Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sceptre

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alberta, Canada

I am hoping someone can give me some direction, even though I'm from Canada.

I had a contractor pour a cement floor for me in Oct 2008. The contract stated that the floor was to be leveled and power trowelled (polished finish). The floor ended up being very unlevel (high in the middle, low spots throughout), and very rough and pourous. I have been in contact with the contractor and he refuses to refinish the floor as it will cost him more than I currently owe him; I currently owe him 1/5 of total cost. Instead, he wants to cover it with some sort of a rubber matting, without fixing the floor first. I did not ask for a rubber mat and would like a finished floor. Is there anything I can do about this?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alberta, Canada

I am hoping someone can give me some direction, even though I'm from Canada.

I had a contractor pour a cement floor for me in Oct 2008. The contract stated that the floor was to be leveled and power trowelled (polished finish). The floor ended up being very unlevel (high in the middle, low spots throughout), and very rough and pourous. I have been in contact with the contractor and he refuses to refinish the floor as it will cost him more than I currently owe him; I currently owe him 1/5 of total cost. Instead, he wants to cover it with some sort of a rubber matting, without fixing the floor first. I did not ask for a rubber mat and would like a finished floor. Is there anything I can do about this?
Sorry you hoped wrong. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">