• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Continued Hassle from Auto Financing Co.

• Thread starter fedup_wisconsin
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fedup_wisconsin

What is the name of your state? WI

I was out of work for about a month or so and got behind in my car payments. By the time I had it up to date, the creditor had filed for repossession. I went to court and got to keep my car with the understanding that if I got in trouble I'd just have to call them. That was several months ago and everthing is fine. I haven't been late. I got a call from them last week saying that I had underpaid my payment because the court/service fees had been added AFTER they sent out my monthly statement. In the meantime, I had recieved a statement from the court saying my fees I owed were $250, which I had anticipated. Wells Fargo is saying I have to pay them the additional $126 and wanted it by the end of the month or I'd be listed as "late" on my payment. I asked them to send me a statement saying what the $126 was for and they didn't want to do that. They kept telling me that I "HAD" to do a check over the phone, which I don't feel comforatable doing. Is this legal? They call me at work every day, even though I told them that I wasn't paying it until I know what "fees" they are talking about, especially when I see a listing for the same amount they are asking for on the court dockett. I don't want to pay them twice!
Help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">