• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

duff8425

What is the name of your state? Indiana

March 31, 2003 I entered into a faxed contract to have someone asphault my driveway. The gentleman told me he was going to do it immediately on the first Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Monday. He came out and started immediatley, tore out my sidewalk and graded my gravel drive, but has yet to come out and complete. I have given no money. And now I can't get him to return my call. I'm trying to get it done so it won't look bad, like now!

3-31-03: He faxed me the front page of the contract , I signed and faxed back to him. I missed a spot that said there was some additional info on back of contract, that I didn't read... but did sign-off that I did read it. My big question is this a binding contract with the faxing? And is there anything I can do to get out of it since it's been a month since he has started and done nothing since then except give me excuse after excuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">