• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drflame260

PA. I recently bought a BMW from a private seller. IN our agreement he said that if something was wrong with the engine or transmission when i took it to his mechanic he would buy the car back. I don;t trust his mechanic so i took it to mine. My mechanic tells me my engine is totaled so i will need a new one. The previous owner will not pay for the repairs for the vehicle or buy it back. He thinks i voided the contract when i took it to my mechanic. Is this true, did I void the contract. If not what can i do to get back my money.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The problem is YOU agreed to that clause. You shouldn't have. So, since you didn't take it to his mechanic, he doesn't have to honor the agreement. Simply, you breached the agreement.

Further, your second mistake was giving him the money BEFORE you had the car inspected. Now, it's "caveat emptor."

You're out of luck, and you bought a car.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">