• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LDWsCowgirl

What is the name of your state? Florida; I signed a K with Barbizon with hesitancy. At time of meeting I expressed my uncertainity of our being able to keep the schedule b/c we live 2 hours away. They reassured us they would work with us. I was supposed to give $400+ but only gave $200 and told them we (my daughter and I) would discuss it and then let them know something on Monday. (I had asked if I could wait to pay on Monday and she said no) The meeting with them was on a Sat. The following Monday I called the office and left a message and said it didn't look like it would work out due to my daughter's father coming back from war and we didn't think we could keep up the schedule and it so far away. I received a call back on Tuesdayand was informed that their offices are closed on Monday and then I explained it all. They said my daughter was excused from that Sat. 5/17 and the next 5/24. Even after me giving all details, they never offered cancellation. I even asked and explained that is what we wanted to do. She said we couldn't. (I thought I had three -3- business days to cancel in Florida). On thursday of that week, she called and said I would have to forfeit my $200 and pay the remaining balance of$1495.00 b/c I did not cancel in writing or in person. Then on May 31 we received a letter which stated there was a problem b/c my daughter had not attended the first two sessions (of which she had been excused earlier). I did what I thought I was supposed to do. I can not afford to lose this money. Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">