• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

INSunshine

I live in Indiana. I signed a 2yr contract to purchase a mobile home 4 yrs ago. When I went to the mortgage company to purchase they told me that I had no credit established because I bought on contract and the home was still in the original owners name. (I made the payments in their name every month) The price was too much for the home. I spoke with the owners telling them I was looking for some place to move 6 months ago and they seemed to have no problem with that. I have since purchased a home and moved now they are saying they can sue me for breach of contract. They also phoned me with some problems (a broken window, and soiled carpet in one room which I told them I would take care of. Now they will not return my calls so that I can get these things taken care of. Do they have grounds to sue since it was to be purchase in 24 months and has now been 48?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">