• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it a contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

batman1000

I took out a 36 month loan on a motorcycle for a "good friend" of mine about a year ago. There was a verbal agreement that several people were witness to that the loan would be paid off by this person in three months time. It ends up that the friend has not paid the loan of and is not paying on the loan at all. Since the first agreement there have been several attempts to settle the problem ending up with a few more verbal agreements. Every time that there has ben an attempt to sign a written agreement there has been something in the way. He also traded the vehicle without my knowing for another motorcycle of lesser value. We are both registered owners and his wife is the cosigner on the loan. He also owes me $860.00 for previous payments made by me.

What are my options as far as taking legal action. What paper work should I present or need to make my case as strong as possible?

I am from the SF bay area,California

L

lawrat

File a civil complaint. If you don't want an attorney to help you, go to your local courthouse and get the forms. However, I suggest you get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">