• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Between Friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HeatherRanft

We are military... we currently reside in Hawaii, but the contract and merchandise in question was done in South Carolina.

Ok, we financed a car, got orders, could not ship vehicle, so we had some friends take over payments. The car is still in our name, as far as the finance account and agreement, but we added the name of the party taking over payments so that she could handle the financial needs of the contract. I made a contract between us and the ppl taking over payments. It clearly states, offer, acceptance, intentions, and consequences. Signed by both parties, witnessed by 2 people, one of those a notary to witness parties signing were who they said they were. The terms of this contract has been breached numerous times, we chose to work with them, until now. I called the finance company to find out the status of the account, and found out that the payments are behind by 3 months, and the car would go into repo status at the end of may... breach number one. We also maintained Insurance on the vehicle, with it specifically spelled out that they would pay us an extra $50 a month... they have not paid that since December, breach number 2. What are our options? What remedy can we seek? What course of action can we take? There is only 1500.00 left to payoff the car, we can pay that to avoid repossession, but if we do so we want the vehicle back. In the contract, I specified that if any of the conditions in the contract were not met, we would retrieve the vehicle. Can I only do this through court, or can I report the vehicle stolen and have my father in law retrieve it after the police recover it. Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">