• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Les w/ ?

What is the name of your state? Tx.
My wife & I signed a contract on a used car @ a dealership on Saturday. We were supposed to come back on Monday to bring the down payment & title to our tradein. We did not take the new car home with us. We are having second thoughts. What if we back out? What would be the ramifications?
Thank you for your help, Les

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Les w/ ? said:
What is the name of your state? Tx.
My wife & I signed a contract on a used car @ a dealership on Saturday. We were supposed to come back on Monday to bring the down payment & title to our tradein. We did not take the new car home with us. We are having second thoughts. What if we back out? What would be the ramifications?
Thank you for your help, Les

My response:

Plain and simple, you bought a car.

All the other points in your post are irrelevant. The fact remains that you signed a written contract. If you breach the contract, the dealership, at some point, will ruin your credit and sue you for the contract amount.

Simple.

There's no "take backs", no "king's X", no "crossed fingers", no nothing. You signed a contract. Period. End of story.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">