• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a Contract breach?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Krish123

Hello sir,

I am from state of New Jersey.My case is kindoff intersting.

On May 05th 2001,my wife got a call from one of the vacation company to answer a question correctly. When she did answer correctly, we were fixed an appointment to receive a free gift and vaction package. Out of ignorance, we went to the vacation company called 'Vacation Networks inc' on May 12th 2001.The actual company is based in Goergia. The complte address is 'Vacation NetworksInc, po box 189, Evans, GA-30809'.The local address is
'Vacation networks Inc.
615 hope road,
victoria plaza, 4b
Eaton town - 07724
New Jersey.
We thought we would just collect our gift and return back. But there was a guys who led us into a room gave some presentaion on some of their operations. They applied an extreme bussiness presurre and got us into a deal kind of situation.
The deal is that for an amount of 3300 plus 219 annual charge I couls avail 10 vactions free life long!!!!.I did not clearly understand the meaning life long!! They later made me sign bunch of papers without giving enough time to go through it. As a result I did not clearly understand and signed those papers. The main highlights of the contract are :
1) an intial deposit of 100 dollars.
2) an monthly payemnt of 91.67 dollars for 36 months
3) an annual charge of 219 dollars.

on comming back home that evening, I went over the whole document and found it not convincing.I called the company and informed my inablity to stick to the deal and I gave them enough reasons for doing so. Immediately the company associate shot back and said 'there is no cancellation ever of this contract it is life long as long as i avail my vactions'. This is kindoff surprising to me.
How can anybody force anyone into an lifelong contract. What is the guarantee of one's life . I may die even before my vactions are over?? Given the economic scenarion, the company may even shut down without any notice. WHat will happen to my money then??. Keeping all these factors in mind, I wrote two letters to the company expressing my inability to join the scheme. One letter was dated May 15th 2001 and another certified mail with delivery confirmation on june 18th 2001. I have not received any reply from the company.
Meantime, without my knowledge the company has authorised Monterey Financial services Inc, california to collect my monthly payment.I called them immediately an informed my decision not to join the scheme and they should be talking to the VAcation Networks.Now the finance company is threatining me that they could affect my credit history.
I meantime researched BBB services of any related vacation scams.
At this point of time I have not paid them any amount either the registration or annual nor monthly charges.

My questions is
1) please advice me if I am in the right direction?
2) have I voilated any law?
3) how can they force any one to enter into a contract
without even allowing the client to read the rules and
regulations?
4) can any contract be life long deal?
5) will filling a case with Better Bussiness Bureau help?
6) to me since I have not paid any amount , would as well consider this to be void.

These people are forcing me into mental trauma.I feel the whole thing is like a scam.

I would appreciate for your kind advice on this matter.Please help me.

Thanks,
krish

HomeGuru

Sounds like you got scammed into buying into a timeshare or interval ownership deal. If you read the fine print, it states how you can terminate.
Since you have passed the rescission date, contact your State office of the Attorney General.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">