• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kerrya60

What is the name of your state? California.

As I wrote before, I signed my daughter up with a Modelling School (not agency). They made inuendos about being hired by agents right away if she had the photos done. I signed a contract (stupid) and paid 1100. Before the photo shoot, I found out info that I didn't like and tried to cancel. They said I was obligated. I sent a letter of cancellation by fax and by mail.

Am I entitled to a "cooling off period"?
Can I demand a refund?
What are my rights?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Kerrya60 said:
What is the name of your state? California.

As I wrote before, I signed my daughter up with a Modelling School (not agency). They made inuendos about being hired by agents right away if she had the photos done. I signed a contract (stupid) and paid 1100. Before the photo shoot, I found out info that I didn't like and tried to cancel. They said I was obligated. I sent a letter of cancellation by fax and by mail.

Am I entitled to a "cooling off period"?

MY RESPONSE: No, this transaction does not fall under the "Home Solicitation" law. So, there's no "cooling off" period.

Can I demand a refund?

MY RESPONSE: Sure. But as you've found out already, they can, and did, refuse your "demand."

What are my rights?

MY RESPONSE: If the transaction has violated the law, as per the site I guided you to on your previous post, then sure - - you can sue for "Rescission" based upon a violation of the current laws governing "modeling agencies."

If there has been a "provable" violation of law, then you can take this matter into Small Claims court. But, all the other items and facts that you found out about them, as stated on your other post, are not grounds for a rescission of YOUR contract.

Simply, unless there's a violation of the law, then your stuck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">