• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract with Co. DBA Name ok?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

recruiter7

What is the name of your state? CA

I just won a small claims case for $4K against a co. that was refusing to pay for services rendered. Their attorney has informed me that they are going to appeal, claiming that my contract is not valid because their company name is not listed correctly.

The parent company is in Taiwan and lets call them ABC Technology Corp. Their US office is DBA as ABCtech Inc. When the contract was created the Sales VP had instructed me to put down ABC Tech. Corp. (they were using both names at the time - there website even lists both names). The CEO claims that XYZ Tech Corp is a seperate company and the Sales VP was an employee of XYZtech Inc so my contract is not valid. Is this true???

Background: XYZTech signed a contract with me to recruit a Sales employee. The contract states that I offer a 90 day guarantee - if the client deems that the candidate is no longer desireable during the first 90 days I find a replacement for free. Nothing negative was communicated to me during the 90 days. The company laid off the Sales VP (same person that signed my contract and hired the candidate). The CEO is now claiming that the candidate did not perform (she ended up resigning on her own a few months after the 90 day period ended). The CEO is falsly accusing the Sales VP of purposely not letting her go so that I could get paid (the Sales VP is friends with my husband). I also found out recently that XYZtech gave my candidate a raise shortly before she resigned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">