• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract with a corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PresHerb

in texas - single owner in a corporation signed a 1 year contract. he died. is this contract still valid? as far as i know the lawyers involved are selling off the business. i would like to get this contract and want to make sure i have a legal right to go for it. but i do not want to buy the business, just get the contract from the client.

C

curtisd

corporate takeover

off-hand id say to get hold of the corp.he was doing buisness with-they may not know he's dead yet.

JETX

Curtisd again showing he has NO grasp of reality!!

Your contract is with the corporation and not with the individual (also, an individual cannot OWN a corporation, it is owned by shareholders). Since the 'corporation' didn't die, your contract is still valid and enforcable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">