• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Moses

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I asked for a vehicle inspection for a vehicle that was being auctioned off on the evening April 25. I told the vehicle inspector that I needed a report by April 25 at 5 p.m. EST in order to review the information and bid on the car. (I also put this in writing on my order form).

They said they could do this. I talked to them again in the early afternoon on Friday and they said they could still get me a report by 5 p.m.

The report was emailed to me at 7:22 p.m. and when I opened it is was blank! I tried to call and got voicemail. (according to the web site they are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week) The auction went ahead and was not able to bid because I did not have inspection information on the car yet.

I was finally able to reach someone around 9 p.m. and they faxed me the report. However, the car is gone and the report is no longer of any use to me.

I am obligated to pay for this report? The inspection company tells me that their company policy is a guarantee of a report 24 hours after the inspection, which they fulfilled. I was told that even if I put the 5 p.m. deadline in my order it is irrelevant.
The inspection company tell me that the contract I signed with them that states their company policy is what is relevant here. I wouldn't have ordered the inspection if I thought there was any chance of it not arriving by the time specified in my order.

Is there anything I can do here? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">