• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract drama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sarah333

What is the name of your state? California
There is a lot to this situation. To be brief I will give the most relevant information. The college that I attended lied to me to get me to sign a contract. I recently discovered that they indeed, lied to me- went in for counseling because I wanted to leave the school and they wouldn't advise me. They left me on my own. So I quit because I didn't know what to do- and I didn't want to pay anymore for a useless education. Now they are telling me that I owe them an absurd amount of money because I signed this contract. Is there anything that I can do? I was completely conned into this situation and I was only 18. I know that makes me legally responsible- but shouldn't I be able to put faith into my admissions counselor and trust the words they tell me?

HomeGuru

Sarah333 said:
What is the name of your state? California
There is a lot to this situation. To be brief I will give the most relevant information. The college that I attended lied to me to get me to sign a contract. I recently discovered that they indeed, lied to me- went in for counseling because I wanted to leave the school and they wouldn't advise me. They left me on my own. So I quit because I didn't know what to do- and I didn't want to pay anymore for a useless education. Now they are telling me that I owe them an absurd amount of money because I signed this contract. Is there anything that I can do? I was completely conned into this situation and I was only 18. I know that makes me legally responsible- but shouldn't I be able to put faith into my admissions counselor and trust the words they tell me?
**A: at the time that you quit school, what did your letter state that you sent certified rrr mail?

S

Sarah333

I stated that I was quitting because the credits that I was taking were non-transferrable. I actually emailed the head of education, she didn't respond. Then I called to confirm that the information had been recieved at financial services- it hadn't. I saved the email that they told me "I didn't send"........ I am sure there probably would have been a better way of doing this- but again- no one advised me after numerous meetings with my counselors etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">