• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract with a eductaional institute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nidhish

I had signed up for a 8 months ultra sound class with an institute. As per the contract if i sit in the class after 1st month and I discontinue after that I have to pay 40% of the whole tuition fee. I attend class in the 4 class out of 8 in second month and decided to discontinue, since its really hard to get a job just having attend this course. I paid 2 month fee before discontinuing. Now that training institute is threatening me by saying that my case will be send to collection agency. I would like to get some advise on this. Am from Chicago.
Appreciate your reply

Mass_Shyster

I had signed up for a 8 months ultra sound class with an institute. As per the contract if i sit in the class after 1st month and I discontinue after that I have to pay 40% of the whole tuition fee. I attend class in the 4 class out of 8 in second month and decided to discontinue, since its really hard to get a job just having attend this course. I paid 2 month fee before discontinuing. Now that training institute is threatening me by saying that my case will be send to collection agency. I would like to get some advise on this. Am from Chicago.
Appreciate your reply
Since you sat in class after the first month, you have to pay 40% of the whole tuition fee. You wrote that you paid 2 months out of 8, or 25%.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">