• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract with egumball.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottie333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY.

5/28/2015, a company name egumball call my business phone whitch is in do not call list,
they told me that they can fix my store location on google map, and keep my store in first page on google,
to do that I need to pay them 139+139 = 278. and have me to sign their contract for 6 months.
a week later, I called back and tried to cancel the contract. they told me that the grace period is 3 days,
once past 3 days, I cannot cancel, whitch they never mentioned.

so my questions are, 1. are they legal to call my do not call list phone?
2. is that legal they stop me to cancel contract since they never talked about 3 days grace period?
3. what can I do to cancel the contract?
Thanks.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY.

5/28/2015, a company name egumball call my business phone whitch is in do not call list,
they told me that they can fix my store location on google map, and keep my store in first page on google,
to do that I need to pay them 139+139 = 278. and have me to sign their contract for 6 months.
a week later, I called back and tried to cancel the contract. they told me that the grace period is 3 days,
once past 3 days, I cannot cancel, whitch they never mentioned.

so my questions are, 1. are they legal to call my do not call list phone?
2. is that legal they stop me to cancel contract since they never talked about 3 days grace period?
3. what can I do to cancel the contract?
Thanks.
1. Even if it wasn't legal, you took the call, did not tell them to immediately take your number off THEIR list, and engaged in business with them.

2. We cannot see the contract

3. See #3

I suspect you're going to lose this one. Why on earth did you even entertain the idea of doing business without checking first?

ETA: a quick Google will show exactly what type of company egumball is. Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

Just Blue

1. Even if it wasn't legal, you took the call, did not tell them to immediately take your number off THEIR list, and engaged in business with them.

2. We cannot see the contract

3. See #2

I suspect you're going to lose this one. Why on earth did you even entertain the idea of doing business without checking first?

ETA: a quick Google will show exactly what type of company egumball is. Caveat emptor.
Fix that for ya Pro!! :);):D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">