• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract in English

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fiddle

My father does not understand,read,speak or write english very well. He recently signed escrow papers, at his real estate agents request. I read the escrow papers a couple of days later and realized that he had agreed to certain conditions,which had not been explained to him. Is he legally bond by this agreement or was it the responsiblity of the real estate agent/escrow office to provide a contract in spanish, so he clearly understood what he was signing?

Thank you,

Fiddle

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Apparently, you suffer from the same disability as your father.

We'd like to assist you; however, you apparently didn't see that red writing up at the top of the page. Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to you editing your post.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">