• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract formation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jesworthy

What is the name of your state? NY

I was wondering when a contract is actually formed. I live in NY & found a car advertised on the internet for a company out of Massachusetts. I emailed the dealership about it, stating that I was assuming the price on the internet was wrong, and that I'm interested. They emailed me back saying that they were checking to see if the car was still available. I got a second email stating that the car was available and that the "Internet Team will handle my purchase promptly." The email also stated that the dealership "quotes our lowest price, haggle-free, right up front," but they never said that the price was wrong. They called me later to talk about the car & the price he said on the phone was higher than what was on the internet. Was a contract formed when I made the offer for the price shown on the internet & they "accepted" by emailing me stating that "they will handle my purchase promptly?" Can they be held to the price shown on the internet? Thanks for the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">